Cooking Vacations - Fish Balls with Stew Swiss Chard & Chickpeas
Ingredients for fish balls: (for 6 servings)
1/2 kg minced or tiny chopped fish (Tilapia, sea bass, mullet, red drum)
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1/2 bunch of parsley leaves, finely chopped
1/2 bunch of mint leaves, finely chopped
1/2 bunch of cilantro leaves, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup bread crumbs
Chili flakes – optional
Ingredients for the stew:
1 cup cooked chickpeas
1 chopped onion1-2 carrots sliced
1 celeriac diced
3-4 garlic cloves sliced
1 Swiss chard
1 glass of white wine – optional
1/4 cup olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients and knead well until you obtain a uniform mixture.
- Leave the mixture to rest at least half an hour in the fridge.
- Prepare the stew: sauté in olive oil the onion, garlic, carrots, celeriac and Swiss chard stalks. Cover and simmer on low flame about 10 min until vegetables tender.
- Add the chickpeas with some of their cooking water, the wine and juice from 1 lemon. Cook 2-3 min on high flame.
- Form the fish cakes and put carefully in the sauce with part of the Swiss chard leaves.
- Cover the fish cakes with sauce almost entirely. Cook covered about 10 min.
- Taste and improve seasoning, add the rest of the Swiss chard leaves the second lemon and olive oil.
Serve with rice or bread.