Cooking Vacations - Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce
Ingredients for meat balls: (for 6 servings)
1/2 kg minced meat
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 bunch of parsley leaves, finely chopped
2 tbs. bread crumbs
Salt and pepper
Ingredients for the sauce:
400 gr. (1 can) crashed tomatoes
1 onion chopped
3-4 garlic cloves chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 Tbs. turmeric
1 Tbs. sweet Moroccan paprika
1 tsp. hot spicy paprika - optional
- Mix all the ingredients and knead well until you obtain a uniform mixture.
- Leave the mixture to rest till the sauce is ready.
- Prepare the sauce: sauté in olive oil the onion & garlic with the turmeric and paprika.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for few min.
- Form the meat balls and put carefully in the sauce.
- Cook covered about 20 min.
- Taste and improve seasoning.
Serve with couscous or rice or bread.