Cooking Vacations - Plum Cake
4-6 plums (different kinds) / nectarines cut into half
11/4 cup light brown sugar
13/4 cup all purpose white flour self raising*
100 gr. butter
1/3 cup vegetable oil
Pinch of salt
2 Tbs. light brown sugar
- Mix all ingredients except the plums together in a large bowl.
- Pour batter into a large cake pan.
- Arrange the fruits on top and sprinkle cinnamon & brown sugar.
- Bake 45-50 minutes 1800C. (3500F)
- Check with a wood stick that the cake is dry.
* 1 full teaspoon of baking powder
** Nice to be served warm with vanilla ice cream on top.