Cooking Vacations- Stuffed Peppers
6 Assorted peppers, such as: Sweet red peppers, yellow peppers, green peppers
Ingredients for the filler:
1 cup Persian rice –
* substitute 1/2 cup of rice with 500gr. of grounded meat or 1 cup of cooked lentils
1 chopped onion
3 Tbs. olive oil
1-2 grated carrots - option
1/2 cup chopped parsley
2 Tbs. brown sugar or silan (dates' honey)
1/2 cup raisins or cranberries, 1/2 cup roasted pine nuts - options
Ingredients for the sauce:
500 gr. grated tomatoes fresh or canned
2 cups boiling water
1 cup beer or white wine
1 Tbs. sweet & hot paprika
2 Tbs. sugar
Salt & pepper
- Wash the rice with water and soak 20 min in lukewarm water with salt.
- Fry the onions in the olive oil until transparent.
- Add the carrots, parsley, silan, salt & pepper and rice. Steam for few more min.
- Prepare the peppers - cut the peppers' cap and clean the seeds.
- Fill the peppers with the rice and arrange them in the pot.
- Mix the ingredients of the sauce and pour over the peppers and around. Cover the peppers with the cap.
Cook on a low flame after boiling for an hour.