Cooking Vacations - Tabouleh Salad
- 3 cups of finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped fresh mint
- 4 or 5 finely chopped spring onions (with the green parts)
- 4 or 5 finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of medium burghul wheat (also known as bulgar wheat)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 5 TBS good olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
1. Rinse burghul several times and then soak in cold water for about twenty minutes.
2. Clean the parsley and remove the large stems (you want to keep mostly leaves). Chop finely.
Put the burghul in a sieve to drain.
3. Trim the spring onions, and chop them into 1/4" lengths.
4. Put the drained burghul in a large mixing or serving bowl. Add salt, pepper, tomatoes lemon juice, olive oil, mint, parsley.
5. Taste for seasoning. If too dry, you can add additional lemon juice.