Cooking Vacations - Malabi
Ingredients (for 6 servings)
4 glasses of milk
1 cup sweet cream
½ cup sugar
¾ cup cornflour
1 spoon rose water
For serving: cut nuts, almonds or pistachio, strawberry syrup.
- In a bowl mix a cup of milk with the cornflour and the rosewater until you have an even mixture.
- In a pot, cook the rest of the milk with the cream and the sugar until boiling. Add the dissolved cornflour mixture and cook on a low fire for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Pour into serving bowls and cool (first to room temperature and then put in a refrigerator for 4 hours).
- Sprinkle the nuts, almonds or pistachios and add a bit of strawberry syrup.
* for parve version we use coconut milk instead of the milk and the cream.