Cooking Vacations - Shakshouka
1 onion diced (optional)
1-2 garlic chopped
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1-2 hot green peppers (optional)
2 spring onions chopped
3-4 Tbs. vegetable (canola) oil
Salt & pepper
1 Tbs. sweet paprika
Feta cheese (optional)
Heat the oil in a frying pan add the onion and fry few min.
2. Add the peppers, garlic, tomatoes and spring onions. Sauté until tomatoes are soft.
3. Sprinkle over some salt, allow the liquids to evaporate somewhatand mix well.
4. After 8 min add the paprika and mix again. Continue to sauté for another 2 min.
5. Break the egg in to a small dish and gently slide into the pan over the tomato.
6. Sprinkle some feta cheese around.
7. Remove from the heat when the whites have set and the yolks are still soft.
8. Serve with Challah or other fresh bread.