Cooking Vacation - Danish - Cake of Yeast
550 gr. flour
20 gr. fresh yeast or 10 gr. dry yeast
50 gr. vanilla instant pudding powder
50 gr. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
50 gr. butter
50 ml. oil
Water ~ 1 cup
Ingredients for filling - options:
200 gr. poppy seeds grounded
3/4 cup milk or orange juice
100 gr. butter
3 Tbs. honey
2. Chocolate spread with halva crumbs
3. Jam, sugar and cinnamon
- Put in a large mixing bowl egg, salt, butter, oil, sugar and pudding powder.
- Cover all these ingredients with the flour and spread the dry yeast on top.
- Start kneading on low speed whole adding the water until the right texture.
- Cover the bowl and let rise until double.
- Prepare the filing: bring to boil the milk butter and honey add poppy seeds and lemon zest and simmer until thickens.
- Add butter and crumbs and leave to cool.
- Divide the dough into 3-4 portions and roll them.
- Spread the filling and prepare the desired shape.
- Brush with egg yolk + water and let rise again.
Bake in a hot 2000C (45000F) oven until golden.