Cooking Vacations - Honey Cake - Easy to Make
My family favourite honey cake
5 eggs' white
3/4 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of honey
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 full teaspoon of baking powder
- Beat together eggs and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed.
- Whisk together in a small bowl yolks, honey, oil, cinnamon, cloves & salt.
- Add honey mixture to the whites and mix slowly with the mixer in low speed until blended.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Finish mixing batter with a rubber spatula.
- Pour batter into a large cake pan and bake 55-60 minutes.