Cooking vacations - Megadra – Lentils with Burgul
1 cup of black or brown lentils or mix (better to soak them before)
1/2 cup of burgul or white rice
1-2 chopped onions
1 tsp. sugar - option
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp. Salt
- Soak the burgul in water about 15 min.
- Soak the lentils in boiling water for about 15 min.
- Fry in a pan with the olive oil the chopped onions, add sugar until caramelized.
- Add the sifted lentils to the pan and cover with water just to cover.
- Cook in low boiling until lentils are soft about 20 min.
- Sift the burgul into the pot with lentils and cook on a low flame few more min until the water is absorbed. Add water just if needed.
- Turn off the fire and leave in the pan for another 5 min.
Add salt & pepper and stir well.